School is a bit harder this year. I really can't figure out why. Everyday there is something that is overwhelming or tiring that happens at school. I feel like my classes are harder, the boys are a little more difficult and I come home a lot more tired than I remember last year. My class has just started to get into a groove. It takes so long to get simple English phrases rolling in my room. And these little love bugs are finally remembering where their assigned seat is. yahooo... grade 1 is brutal sometimes. BUT on the flip-side, I can finally have fun with them. Do our chants, songs, routines with a little more excitement which is where I have the fun anyway. Just this week I hugged my boys more, joked around with them more, got silly with them just a little more than normal and my day was so much better! I have to remember that secret of showing joy :)
Since we've come full circle now, we have gotten "used" to all the cultures around us, going to work, the certain foods we buy, the luxuries and the things we miss. We have our fav places to eat and grab a drink. Our flat is so much like our home now and Abu Dhabi has warmly become our home as well. The people we surround ourselves with are incredible. We are so, so, so lucky to have good friends here.
Something that is pointed out to me over and over since we've moved here is how grateful I am for Stephen. He is one of the most encouraging people I know. He is such a dreamer...and dreams BIG and actually makes things happen. I love the way his mind works and the support he gives me everyday! And I love, love, love our weekends together. I've said in many posts before life is pretty simple here and that part we enjoy so very much! And that shows on the weekends when we just get to spend time with one another and actually be together and talk about any part of life we want. We are a chatty pair when we're together that's for sure... We are happy here. And even though this year seems to be a little more difficult in it's own way, we both are still so proud of each other for trusting one another and taking this crazy jump to the Middle East.
Marriage only gets better when you put trust, risk, and encouragement into your marriage!
Loving our Life Together
Some random updates...
-Just finished my beach volleyball team...lets just say it was fun playing ;) Our team was quite the mix
-Celebrated our 2nd Thanksgiving here with wonderful friends from church! About 30 people total, lots of kids and enjoyed a day of celebrating an American Thanksgiving with our family here.
-Stephen is still taking Arabic classes during the week...not sure how long he'll continue. An offer to play basketball just came to the table on the same night ;0
-Going back to the states in 3 weeks! Can hardly wait to take a little visit to Nordstrom and spend a week with Sarah and Josh in Seattle!
-Met some new neighbors yesterday! They're from Italy; naturally we will become wonderful cooks now ;)
-lastly... Headed to India next weekend!!! It is the 41st UAE Anniversary so we get two days off! We thought we'd jump on over to visit. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Hope you all are well...send us an update if we haven't heard from you in awhile! Always brings a smile to our faces to hear from good friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment