Friday, November 23, 2012

Being T.h.a.n.k.f.u.l.

Alright so everyone has been saying what they're thankful for the whole month of November or around the table on Thanksgiving day! So here is goes.

I am thankful for:

...our families being so supportive and loving the past year and half living abroad

...my 50 boys I taught last year and my 49 boys I am currently teaching. Nothing prepares you to teach internationally and nothing prepares you for these kids here. But they have taught me so much about love, life, myself, and patience!

...SO so thankful for my husband! He is my favorite travel partner, favorite arguer, my best friend, the love of my life and my partner in crime. Never did I think I could LOVE someone this much

...food delivery on Thursday nights when Stephen and I just stay in, chat, have a drink and ENJOY each other's company. These are becoming priceless for us in Abu Dhabi ;)

...for our coupon book. It is a pure thrill.

...our amazing AD family! We would not still be here without all our wonderful new and old friends. So overly thankful for them.

...travel. Stephen and I get to experience the world like we never thought we would. How God truly just dropped this opportunity in our lap when we prayed we would go anywhere. We LOVE the sandbox and uuuummm its proximity to the rest of the world!

...FAMILY! The very few people that are intentional with us anymore (Not a pity party, we bargained for it) Our parents are so involved in our life whether it be texting constantly or skyping on the weekends... so special to them and to us. Our siblings who plan to visit us and the excitement that is awaiting in Seattle, Portland and Martinez for us to come home during the holiday :)

...that Stephen and I love to cook together and invent new recipes. Or when he cooks, I get to sit in my nook on the couch with a glass of wine :)

...Omair bin Yousef...yes I said my school! I work with some of the most wonderful English and Arabic staff! Our school is wild...but we all make it such a fun place to work! I am super blessed to be at this school way out in Baniyas.

...for coop ice cream that is only 6 dirham

...for growing up in the U.S. where Education is highly important. You may not think that now, but in the worldview...it is. There are so many countries who have nothing like the education system in the U.S. and hey at lease there is a system! Be grateful for teachers and community.

There is so much to be thankful for this year. I truly could go on and on. But living in Abu Dhabi sure makes me grateful for people all around the world and the adventure that Stephen and I are on! So ready and excited to go home for Christmas...thankful we have the means to do that :) 


Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I hope you continue to be thankful for the things and people you have in your life all year long.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment