So I started a project years ago when Stephen and I began traveling. And even before that I started collecting magnets. Yep...that's me buying magnets everywhere I go. And here in Abu we put them up on our teeny tiny European fridge. But my real intention of collecting magnets from near and far was putting them on an outside garage fridge, full of meat or beer or kid snacks and would bring stories up as people sat around and worked in the garage. Or maybe as neighbors came by and said hello with the garage door open, past stories would arise. I know, silly, but I am somewhat futuristic...so naturally my brain goes to those sweet stories.
As I collect magnets and Stephen has so joyfully joined in on the collection hunt, I have now added to our travel snapping pictures of doors from everywhere we've trekked. I have this dream pictured that I would frame, mat and perfectly place each picture in a place in our home that was fitting. So as my countries increase into great numbers, I might have to rethink my project. Maybe a collage, an entry way wall, an office filled with travel memories...the list goes on. Pinterest is a fab resource. Here are a few of my favs (really this is a great way for me to get organized with this DIY cause I have too many door pictures!) I don't have any that I know of from my very first trip to Mexico or Africa. But I think these will do... Enjoy the beauty!
Cusco, Peru
Peru
Central Cusco, Peru
Kenya (not sure what city)
Rome
Rome
Somewhere in Italy
Walking the streets to Palace of Versailles
Geneva, Switzerland
Paris
Thailand, Surin Beach
Streets of Paris
Venice
I better start writing down where exactly the door was...
South America has by far the best doors...second comes Europe! I still don't have one for Abu Dhabi yet...I think I have some time :)
South America has by far the best doors...second comes Europe! I still don't have one for Abu Dhabi yet...I think I have some time :)
Any ideas or input about this project?
All this to say...I LOVE seeing the world!

















No comments:
Post a Comment