Top Ten Reasons why we love Abu Dhabi...
1. We love the difference in culture...every continent is represented here in the UAE. You meet people from everywhere!!
2. The food is the same and we can get anything we were used to at home! (Definitely made it easy for us foodies to adjust).
3. How cheap taxis are! And when I say cheap I mean cheap.
4. How I am able to know a culture so well through all 50 of my students and school. They are a true representation of UAE.
5. That we are learning and implementing to live oh so simply.
6. Just tonight we cooked salmon and red potatoes... we are loving that fish is significantly cheaper than home :)
7. How Abu Dhabi was such a chance. We took it. Trusted God the whole way through and now are blessed with an awesome experience.
8. The world is so much more accessible on this side of the globe. We LOVE that for travel reasons.
9. That ice cream is everywhere and only costs a few Durham's :)
10. Lastly, that moving to Abu Dhabi has stretched and challenged Stephen and I that I can truly say we are more in love every day and appreciate one another constantly. If it takes moving across the country to enhance that...then so be it.
Of course we say we love Abu Dhabi, but maybe it's more of a like :) I think it is easy for us to live here. And we are taking the adventure full on. It is beautiful in it's own way and of course we miss home and family a bunch but for us, for now, this is just right!
Here we are at the camel races. Another thing that is a must in the desert! I would NOT get closer. Even though I love animals...these things were big!
Our wonderful life.
Love to you from Abu Dhabi
Good for you! My friend Dena lives there. Give me your details and maybe you two can hook up sometime!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying your life!