Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Brand New Home

OK...so here is our brand new apartment!! It's one bedroom one bath and a very large living space with all windows in the city of Abu Dhabi. Walking distance to a mall, restaurants, cafe, etc. We got so lucky! I'm living in the same building as another 2 friends I've made here, Katy and Haylie. They are wonderful girls!

The rooftop pool. Brand new opens today!!


And here is our home...


Our Dining room

Opening the door!
Bathroom

Our living and dining is split by that little wall
Our view from ALL the windows. It seems foggy, but it's just the dirty window. The water is just beyond that group of houses!
Built in wardrobes!!!! So excited we don't have to buy dressers!
Bathroom- shower is to the right
Kitchen...yes no appliances. But we get a furniture allowance so we'll have to get those. They're very cheap here!

I am still staying in a hotel for another week or so. Everything has happened SO fast for this group of teachers. Most teachers stay in the hotel for about a month! My school is only about 15 min away from our building and I am in a school that is just Kindergarten! So tons of teachers tons of resources! yipeee. We will most likely move in after Eid which is a Muslim holiday next week. So maybe the following weekend!
We're all so excited. Going to Ikea to scope out our beds and couches today!

Anyone is welcome to visit!! Our home is yours and I have no doubt you will LOVE Abu Dhabi!



3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Everything is going SO great!! Happy for you, Em! Thanks for posting pictures ;) Your apt/pool look so nice w/ the view & all! Yaaaay. Glad you made some friends over there.... I had no doubt you would ;) Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em! So happy to be viewing your journey with you. Colin and I are praying many blessings to be bestowed upon this chapter in your life. We love you so much and are praying for you and Stephen's protection through this time. Can't wait to see the path that you two will follow. The pictures look amazing. I can invision all of us lounging poolside on the roof top. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When your settled let me know and Salesforce will be there! Haha.... let me know if there is any foundation work needed at your school!

    ReplyDelete