Friday, December 16, 2011

A Diamond in the Rough

Okay no one really knows about Oman. You never learn about it in school and unless you know everything about the middle east, most likely you didn't know it existed. But around here it's the place to go. It is beautiful! We saw camels and got so excited then realized a camel here is to a cow in California! Nonetheless we enjoyed seeing the desert on our drive there.

We (Stephen, Haylie and myself) grabbed tickets to a day cruise in Oman. We jumped on a bus at 7 am and returned around 10 pm. We drove to Dubai picked up another crew of people and went on our way. Went through the most jankety border into Oman I have ever crossed! Jumped on a boat and went snorkeling, swimming, fishing and ate a lot of food! Still in December the water was perfect and I loved seeing another part of the middle east. It is truly a diamond in the rough.


Ready to jump on board
The desert just about the whole way there
There's our boat! heheee just kidding
There it is...
Perfect day!
The front of the boat...that's a nose of a sawfish
And before I knew it Stephen's in the water
Beautiful all around
The three of us

And then he was fishing
Everyone trying to catch something
Caught about 7 Barracuda total...they were big and had huge teeth. Poor Stephen didn't catch any but the little kid next to him did :)
Tomorrows lunch for the next passengers!
Who can guess where this guy was from? ;)



2 comments:

  1. I love it! I love all the pictures! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Oman!! When you get the chance go to Muscat too!!!!

    ReplyDelete