Saturday, June 1, 2013

June one

School is NOT over...and the kids have stopped coming :) YES

I am thrilled, along with hundreds of other teachers that teach outside of Abu Dhabi (On Island schools will go the full term because of very involved parents ;)) because the kids have pretty much ended school on their own. It's a weird concept but they stop coming because traditionally families go and travel before Ramadan. I also believe it's just cultural to stop coming to school when it gets too hot! And I tell ya, that's the biggest sign. When it's just about unbearable, the kiddos "drop off."

School isn't actually finished until June 13 and teachers aren't officially done until July 4. But on Thursday I had 6 out of 50 boys show up for our "party" that of course was announced the day before. We had 4 cakes for 6 boys, bags of buggles, lollipops, kit kat bars and juice boxes. They all brought this in. haha We gave a lot of it to the cleaners around school and other classes that didn't have enough cakes. Needless to say, they had one little slice and they were done. I took them to the gym to play, corra, which is ball, which translates to me as futbol...of course not American football...soccer that is :)

It was a very relaxed day and that is how my grade 1, year 2 in Abu Dhabi ended. I'm not too sentimental, but I know I'll miss these boys around school in a couple weeks! Here are a few last photos of our last days.

So ready for the summer. Ready to travel a bunch, live out of a suitcase, and catch up on TV shows!

Hope your year is coming to an end...summer is a great time for everyone!


 Tic tac toe...three in a row! Their favorite game

 Section 1A. They are sweet boys, quiet but over all quite a low leveled bunch

 Section 1B these are the crazies, wild and non stop fighting. But full of character and LOVE English class

 Sultan Saif, my highest leveled English boy. I can actually have a conversation with him and he is a great helper in class

 Thursday...these are all that showed up! Hamdi teaches Arabic and Islam studies to my boys when they're not with me!

Kyle is another grade 1 English teacher from Canada. He happened to come in when Hamdi wanted pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment