Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hellos::Goodbyes and a Uhaul






Hellos::Goodbyes::and a Uhaul

As I am writing this, the three of us (Molly too) are driving on an open road to Oregon.
We have recently quit our jobs, moved out of our first apartment together in Laguna, sold Roxanne (our Mazda), packed up the Uhaul and headed toward my parent’s house in Martinez where we will store all our stuff in their garage! My parent’s have been so gracious and extremely sacrificial with their home and time. They have done numerous things for us that we couldn’t do without them. We are so thankful for their openness, support and love for us. It’s amazing what you see in your parent’s the older you get and the more you experience!

We have said some really hard goodbyes here in O
range County. Both Stephen and I have been down in southern CA for about 8 years! All the way from Azusa to Laguna Beach we have been so blessed by so many people here. Not having immediate family around puts a new meaning to friendships. We have become friends with people who we can never replace. People who are incredibly sacrificial, giving, loving and took us in as if we were no different than family! I have no doubt we will always be friends.



An extremely difficult goodbye for me was with Warren. This little guy just turned two and I have known him since he was 6 months. I interviewed last year not knowing if I would have a teaching job for the fall, I was hoping a nanny position would suffice for awhile. “Just do it,” I said. Put down your pride as a teacher and interview. Little did I know I would fall in love with the Rootlieb family, miss Warren after a week, get to know all the neighbors and join a home that accepted me every morning at anytime, any occasion. Becky you have been an inspiration to watch as a mother and I have only felt encouraged by you ;) See you in Abu Dhabi!!!

So our current agenda is spend time with family and friends in the Northwest and then head back to the Bay Area. My departure date is TBD… the U.S is waiting for my VISA from the UAE and who knows how long that will take! I should be ready to go at a moments notice and will hopefully leave within the next 2 weeks!

Love to you all. Thanks for reading. We will keep you updated.

E and S


No comments:

Post a Comment