
Thinking back on how our new journey has all come together is a cloudy event to think about. Stephen and I have been thinking, praying, searching, designing, itching for something different and new in our lives. We had no idea what that looked like. House? Kids? Moving? New job? What?? All we knew is we felt the exact same way.
So about 6 months ago, not having a teaching job lined up for the fall I decided to apply for anything and everything I could think of. Being a college graduate, teaching credential owner, and having a Masters in Education, my job findings were slowly becoming discouraging.
One afternoon I was watching House Hunters International (you know you all love it, too). And saw a teacher moving across the world to teach! I thought to myself why haven't we entertained this idea more? Stephen and I LOVE to travel, see the world and always thought we might live somewhere out of our comfort zone. We have always tossed up the idea of moving out of the country, but never really researched it deeper. So here I went...
I googled teaching overseas...and a wonderful organization, that I had never seen before popped up. Teach Away, Inc. I searched, read and slowly began to get excited. This organization needed teachers!!! They filter to about 15 different countries all over the world. So I quickly texted Stephen and we came down to applying, within the same day, to Abu Dhabi, the UK, and Malaysia. Who knew what was next?
I quickly heard from Abu Dhabi and began a whole process not fully knowing what we were REALLY going to do if I got this job. After praying, prescreening interviews, emails, praying, tons of research, paperwork, sleepless nights and more praying we chose to fly to Chicago and have my final face to face interview. I went by myself and Stephen and I had decided if they offered my a job I would sign a contract!!! (huge Sigh) we we're excited either way knowing whatever God had planned would play out anyway because we chose to seek Him throughout the process. We we're ready to take a risk and begin on an adventure!
Needless to say I met some amazing individuals in Chicago, from Abu Dhabi who got me even more pumped on this place. I met with several different people and at the end was offered a contract for 2 years to teach Kindergarten!! whooo. It was final. The questions were over. We were moving across the world to a beautiful place in the desert!
We are so thankful to our family and friends who have lived a little bit of this journey with us. They have been incredibly supportive about our move and extremely excited for us! We are looking forward to plenty of visitors!
WOW! What a faith journey! May God bless you with joy, peace and favor as you step into the desert!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you but sad already...what am I going to do without my sister :(? I know the Lord has great plans for you and I'll meet you there in June for my 30th birthday!! Party in Abu Dhabi!!
ReplyDelete